ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Looking for others; Quan basic radio building

Oct 28th 2015, 14:24

KE2PB

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I am looking for others interested in working through Ronald Quan's book "Build Your Own Transistor Radios" (Amazon Link below).

I am using LTSpice to model Quan's circuits and KiCad pcb layout software to implement Quan's circuits as pcbs. I have made one board myself (toner transfer) and had one done by a pcb fabrication house.

I'd like to better understand Quan's circuits. He has a wealth of practical experience. His book is written for people who know somewhat more than circuit basics. I am an EE who did not do any circuit design and building in my jobs.

An ongoing discussion with a group would be welcome.

Thomas, KE2PB

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0071799702/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d1_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1PQH21Y13S6T16QTDC80&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop
Feb 4th 2023, 17:54

AK4VO

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I just looked at a review. That is a great book, although I do not want to spend the money and already know most of the concepts there. For AM work I have had much fun with the TA7642, which can work up into the short wave bands and support a nice direct conversion receiver. I am designing and building out a TDA7012 fm radio for a childrens build it project and can send you my results including circuit board files if you are interested.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn